Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a dj505 hard drive cd and i need a new remote

Customer Question
control , i live in...
I have a dj505 hard drive cd and i need a new remote control , i live in australia. would you know where i could get one. your help would be appreciated
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Recorders and Players
3/1/2016
Electronics Technician: electronicsguy, Engineer replied 2 years ago
electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer

Hi welcome to just answer.

Who is the manufacturer of the system? Can you check the model of the older remote if available.

Teac

There are a number of remote controls that I find outline that can work. Do you happen to have the model number of the remote or it is missing?

I have it but will have to dig it up !

Can you take a picture of the back of the remove where there is a label, you might want to remove the battery covers and on the back of the cover, you will see the label.

There is no label in the battery compartment. There is not a number on it anywhere. The dj505 is a hard drive recorder with a CD player. It's a deck only. It needs an amp and speakers to make it work.

ok. It seem not possible to find any remote for it. What is wrong with the existing remote? Have you tested it to verify its operation?

It works except the screen has died so you can't scroll the menu

Does the screen light at least? If not, would you want to take it apart and look at the screen connection to PC board? The problem you are seeing is coming from dropping the remote. The contact with the screen becomes loose.