Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

I'm having the same problem that I just read about I changed

Customer Question
the battery in my Apple...
I'm having the same problem that I just read about I changed the battery in my Apple TV remote and it's not working
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Recorders and Players
2/21/2016
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 year ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, It's very likely that your Apple TV remote may have failed. However, can you please tell me if you've tried unplugging the Apple TV box from power, then plugging it back in? Also what exactly do you see on your TV screen? How long have you owned the Apple TV for?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have unplugged it and plugged it back in when it's plugged in I can see the screen but I can't do anything without the remote the Apple TV is working the remote control is not

Thanks for the reply. How old is the Apple TV? Is if over a year?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
over a year
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
But the Apple TV plugs into the computer and I can see Netflix and iTunes and everything on the screen I just can't select anything without a remote I change the battery in the remote and it still doesn't work

Okay, it sounds like you simply have a bad remote here, and would need to purchase the replacement remote at the link below. There's no settings or adjustments that will allow/prevent the remote from working.

http://www.apple.com/shop/product/MC377LL/A/apple-remote?afid=p238%7Csct8dWWNv-dc_mtid_1870765e38482_pcrid_52243358770_&cid=aos-us-kwg-pla-btb-all-slid-

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm paying you $30 to tell me I need to buy a new remote control
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't think that I should be charged considering we didn't fix the problem

God luck, I will opt out.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Am I being charged for this
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please advise on how I can get a refund
Aric, Technician