Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Trying to watch a movie can only hear it screen says HDCP…

Customer Question
Trying to watch a movie...
Trying to watch a movie can only hear it screen says HDCP unauthorized. Content disabled
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Recorders and Players
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/13/2016
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician

Hi, The HDCP message is an HDMI cable issue. But without knowing more details, I could not tell you how to correct it. Could you please reply back with the following?

1) The model number off of the back of the TV.

2) What device (brand and model please) are you trying to view the movie FROM?

3) Was it working before and then stopped?

Also any other information you feel may be pertinent to this problem- please reply back with that as well.

No thank you, ***** *****'t take a phone call right now. If you'd like to continue with me, then please reply back on this page to the info I requested above.

Just forget it if this is what I have to go trough I'm going to cancel my subscription
Electronics Technician: electronicsguy, Engineer replied 2 years ago
electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer
Phone call session started

Thanks for your time

It is now working after a phone support