Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

My LNR 240 DVR is beeping 3longs followed by 2 shorts

Customer Question
repeatedly and did not stop...
My LNR 240 DVR is beeping 3longs followed by 2 shorts repeatedly and did not stop until I powered down. It is down right now. I failed to see an error code for this. What should I do to get my system back up and running?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Recorders and Players
1/25/2016
Electronics Technician: Michael Hannigan, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Michael Hannigan

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today. Please let me know if there as any additional information that you feel might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

As a security measure, the NVR will beep after powering on if a camera is not detected on every available channel.

You can disable that.

Once it starts up, right click and select "disable beeps". Just make sure that there isn't an underlying problem, like the loss of camera signal on a channel.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Well, shutting off the beeping appears to be a bit more complicated than that on the LNR240 model. I can find no obvious problem at all with my unit other than the occasional beeping.

Those instructions are for the LNR240 model. What is different about what you are experiencing? Are you not able to locate that option?

Here is a link to the reference: http://bitli.es/HDJMNm

Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer