Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Need directions on how to get rid of the "No Signal" message…

Customer Question
Need directions on how to...
Need directions on how to get rid of the "No Signal" message when I try to play DVD on Panasonic DVD/VCR Deck Model No. PV-D4744. Acct 72950597, ID 15405325-793. I even ordered a new remote (no luck). All plugged in. Converter box is on, channel set to 3, turn on the deck, insert DVD, and press DVD and say PLAY Says "No signal" I was able to play a VCR after Christmas by using the manual sets on the deck for "Play". It worked then. HELP. ***@******.***
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Recorders and Players
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/23/2016
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, The No Signal message means the TV is on the incorrect Input, or the cabling between the Panasonic and the TV has failed. What is the model number off of the back of the TV please?

This will take time- go to other room and use a light.....wait, please. OK, I found the instruction manual. The TV is JVC AV-20BM3/AV-20CM3 AV-20RM3. and I underlined AV-20CM3, Ser. No. 07885969. How does that help you??
You must be busy with another now. Hope you can help me get it to work. If you can't I understand I do not need to pay the bill. Thanks.

I was typing to you- sorry it takes a couple minutes.

Do you have the original TV remote? If so, please look for a button labeled "TV/Video".

With the Panasonic player turned ON, make sure all cables between the Panasonic and the TV are tightly connected, then use the "TV/Video" button on the JVC remote and press it to see if you can then get the Panasonic home screen on the TV.

No thank you, ***** *****'t take a phone call right now. If you'd like to continue with me, then please reply back on this page to the info I requested above.

I have the phone, will you call me? I pressed the TV/Video and a yellow message said cable 33 plus LOTS OF STATIC and noisy screen.

I do NOT use the phone call feature, so no I cannot call. Press TV video again- making SURE that the Panasonic is ON and no cables have been moved or changed.

You do realize, don't you, I have a converter box (it is on), and I have THREE remoted

The converter box has nothing to do with the Panasonic displaying on the TV.

You need to use the TV/Video button to select between the Inputs on the TV.

When pressed again, on the top it said video, then soon at the bottom it said No Signal (and the top went away).
Since nothing has been accomplished, please do not charge me for this brief interchange. I guess I should price a new deck, since noone seems to be able to help me. Thanks. *****
Electronics Technician: Rusty, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Rusty
Rusty, Engineer

Hello, my name is Rusty. What type of cable did you use to connect the DVD player to your TV?

Electronics Technician: electronicsguy, Engineer replied 2 years ago
electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer
Phone call session started

It was nice talking to you. I will be calling you again to discuss in details how we can get your system to work.

I will call you Monday afternoon to continue with troubleshooting of your system.

I just called you and you said you cannot talk. What other time would work for you?

electronicsguy
electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer