Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a new Yamaha RX A740 receiver and a Parasound

Customer Question

I have a new Yamaha RX A740 receiver and a Parasound HCA-1205A amp. The installer says he cannot connect the two units since the back of the Yamaha does not have any pre out jacks. Is this true? If it is, is there any way to resolve this issue?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.

Surround sound installer is correct, RX-A740 doesn't have pre out jacks to connect HCA-1205A amp and only option is to get an amp that have pre out jacks, mostly older model have pre outs as shown in following link..

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-visual/av-receivers-amps/rx/rx-v650_black__u/?mode=model

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can a pre amp be used to connect the yamaha receiver and the parasoun amp?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not want a phone call.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Can you give me model number of that pre amp?

To my understanding, a pre amp is a stereo (2 channel) amp utilized to connect phono/ turntable to an amplifier.

Parasound HCA-1205A amp is 5 channel amp that means it can be used for surround sound as well which needs 5 pre outs of Dolby pro-logic or cinema theater output of today's movie sound standard.

Phone call offer is automated sent by website system, feel free to ignore it if you don't want phone call.

Thanks.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

I found one Surround Sound Preamp Processor that should work to drive both amps as it has required pre outs as well.

http://nadelectronics.com/products/home-theatre-amplifiers/T-187-Surround-Sound-Preamp-Processor#heading-downloads

Connect this preamp HDMI out into HDMI in of Yamaha so it can get surround sound signals and connect this box pre outs to Parasound amp.