How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask green-owl Your Own Question
green-owl, Engineer
Category: Recorders and Players
Satisfied Customers: 4922
Experience:  I have a lot of experience with digital media.
Type Your Recorders and Players Question Here...
green-owl is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Name Is ***** *****
, i've got a Technics fi system

Customer Question

Customer: My Name Is ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Hi i've got a Technics hi fi system IE Amp. Turntable . Tuner. Twin Tape Deck. CD Player. Graphic Equalizer . And have recently moved house i've forgot how to wire it up.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Consumer Electronics Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes no problem
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  green-owl replied 1 year ago.

Hi, can you give me the model number on the back of the amp? If those where not part of a unified kit and assembled over time i would also need the model number of all other component of the system.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Intergrated Amplifier is SU - V460 . Tape is RS - TR165 . Equalizer is SH - GE70 . CD Player is SL - P202A .. And Turntable is SL - BD22
Expert:  green-owl replied 1 year ago.

Hi. That equalizer seem to support one item at a time. in the manual example at page 4 they show the connection to put the equalizer between the amp and the tape deck connected to tape 1:

To allow also the CD player and the phono to use the equalizer would require an RCA jack switch to select between them.

The turn table connect with a stereo RCA cable to the amp phono input and the third wire need to connect to the ground connection on the back just next to the phono input.

The CD player also require only 1 stereo RCA cable to the amp input labeled "CD". Tuner should also only have a stereo RCA cable between it and the amp input called "Tuner".

Try to hook and test one at a time, adding one new at each succesful test.