Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

My Name Is ***** *****
, i've got a Technics fi system

Customer Question
Customer: My Name Is *****...
Customer: My Name Is ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Hi i've got a Technics hi fi system IE Amp. Turntable . Tuner. Twin Tape Deck. CD Player. Graphic Equalizer . And have recently moved house i've forgot how to wire it up.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Consumer Electronics Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes no problem
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Recorders and Players
1/20/2016
Electronics Technician: green-owl, Engineer replied 2 years ago
green-owl
green-owl, Engineer

Hi, can you give me the model number on the back of the amp? If those where not part of a unified kit and assembled over time i would also need the model number of all other component of the system.

Intergrated Amplifier is SU - V460 . Tape is RS - TR165 . Equalizer is SH - GE70 . CD Player is SL - P202A .. And Turntable is SL - BD22

Hi. That equalizer seem to support one item at a time. in the manual example at page 4 they show the connection to put the equalizer between the amp and the tape deck connected to tape 1:

http://www.manualslib.com/download/387770/Technics-Sh-Ge70.html

To allow also the CD player and the phono to use the equalizer would require an RCA jack switch to select between them.

The turn table connect with a stereo RCA cable to the amp phono input and the third wire need to connect to the ground connection on the back just next to the phono input.

The CD player also require only 1 stereo RCA cable to the amp input labeled "CD". Tuner should also only have a stereo RCA cable between it and the amp input called "Tuner".

Try to hook and test one at a time, adding one new at each succesful test.

green-owl
green-owl
green-owl, Engineer