Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have just received a Toshiba DVD recorder model DR 430, I…

Customer Question
I have just received a...
I have just received a Toshiba DVD recorder model DR 430, I t will niot recognize my disc when in machine. Keeps telling me it is not playable or cannot record on disc. I need to find out why. I am using a DVD-R disc
Paul Harlow
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Recorders and Players
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/18/2016
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having.

When you say you have "just received" this unit, do you mean it's rand new- out of the box?

If not, how long have you owned it for please?

Also, what happens if you insert a commercial pre-recorded DVD, the same message??