Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

Can you suggest a very good Karaoke machine that can be used

Customer Question
in China. Keeping in mind...
can you suggest a very good Karaoke machine that can be used in China. Keeping in mind that some karaoke DVDs there could potentially be pirate one. and can you provide a link of where i can buy the karaoke machine.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Recorders and Players
1/18/2016
Electronics Technician: Michael Hannigan, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Michael Hannigan

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today. Please let me know if there as any additional information that you feel might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok. let me know your suggestion please.

The best machine I know of that will be suitable for china is the KOD-2800 It is a Chinese system, has touchscreen support and has a few thousand songs already loaded.

http://amzn.to/1Wnnuv1

There is also the KOD-3000 which reads blue ray... both great systems. Both will work well in China.

http://amzn.to/1NgrJ4u

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
wow, a few thousand songs. cool. but are they all chinese songs? any US bands.
both are over $1000. thats pretty steep. can i get away with a less expensive machine.
and i am not sure i need a separate monitor -i can just use my TV at home.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i see other systems at very cheap prices. for example, http://www.walmart.com/ip/26922096?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222227020578464&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=40344375512&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=78310020512&veh=sem
is this crap.
whats the difference.

Well, you said "very good" and I didn't want to impose my budget on you. I'm sure there are people that will spend over a thousand dollars on a karaoke machine!

As far as Karaoke machine manufacturers go, The company you are referring to, Karaoke USA is a big one. They make several models - most with those small built-in screens, which I really don't like. From this manufacturer, they range between $100 and $500. The one you linked to specifically is normally around $130 - so that's a good price for it. It has two mic inputs and it will take DVD, CD+G, and MP3+G. So it does everything you need. So, I wouldn't say it's crap... and based on your original question, and using it in China, I thought you were doing something professional with it. Since the +G formats are karaoke specific, I would imagine you'll be downloading most of your content. There is a site that has a ton of it for free....

http://bitli.es/Ln8iDa

I also found the DV-102 for a little bit less:

http://bitli.es/Ln8iDa

VocoPro makes one that is very similar, but is a bit more sturdy.

http://amzn.to/1U884cr

Then again, for something quite different (and really cool looking, even though I've never personally used it, it is reviewed REALLY well).

http://amzn.to/1ZIkdeZ

or with a speaker stand

http://amzn.to/1PC9h84

And Akai is well known for their Karaoke products as well.

Akai systems are great for at home or parties since they are facing you when you use them... and the prices I found here are really good for them.

Originally, I was thinking you were doing something professional, which has it's own set of requirements. I don't think you would be losing anything at all by going with one of these less expensive systems. If I was buying one right now, I'd probably get the KS-808 - that is a LOT of great product for the price.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i will be hooking the machine up to my TV so i might not need one that is facing me??
anyways, i need to bring it in my luggage so it can't be huge.

Well, those are some suggestions - the first two I linked to are pretty small. The first Akai isn't that large either.

Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer