How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Your Own Question
Michael, Technician
Category: Recorders and Players
Satisfied Customers: 9563
Experience:  I have been working on VCR/DVD and CCTV systems and all the other consumer electronics for 20+ years.
Type Your Recorders and Players Question Here...
Michael is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a question about our DVDs player, SD5300KU. When a

Customer Question

I have a question about our DVDs player, SD5300KU. When a daughter tried to place a disc, she pushed the tray too hard, probably. The door of the tray came out. I could not fix it because some small part which connected the door and the tray is broken. Can I replace the door? If so, how can I do it? Thank you for taking time.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi Good morning.

You can have that repaired by Best Buy or Sears. Most of their shops take these in for this fix. Its not something you can do on your own for a lot of reasons lol. One big one is the door assembly needs timing inside when you replace the part with an unbroken one.

But that part is costly for a non tech buyer;-(

But Best Buy will send it out and have it back usually 2 weeks for a fair price and fixed correctly.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service thus far. That would be greatly appreciated.

There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you..

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Tech Michael