Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

Funai model SVG-4100 VCR: Replaced belts and tape eject

Customer Question
Funai model SVG-4100 VCR:...
Funai model SVG-4100 VCR: Replaced belts and tape eject works great. In PLAY,FF, or REW, it makes some noise like it is trying to run, but stops and shuts off VCR. Any input?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Recorders and Players
1/10/2016
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 2 years ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, post back with clear closeup picture of the top and bottom of the VCR deck / mechanism. Please click HERE.

Still and based on the described "...PLAY,FF, or REW, it makes some noise like it is trying to run, but stops and shuts off VCR...", the proposed preliminary check would be on the:

• • brake & clutch;
  • • idler gear.
Louie, Technician