Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35+ years in the business and still at it everyday
39158752

My Panasonic VHS playpak will not go into my VCR. The

Customer Question

My Panasonic VHS playpak will not go into my VCR. The battery is corroded. I scraped much of the corrosion and I inserted a new battery but no success. Please advise. Also does it matter if I use JVC cassettes? Can I use any brand of cassettes? On the playpak at the bottom isVYMS0059.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

It does not matter the brand , those are VHS-C to VHS adapter unit and they are universal .

You said you cleaned the contacts and replaced the batteries but does the small motor within the adapter load the tape now , does it do anything ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

In any case from your description I would not try to use the one you have as you may end up with one of your cassette stuck in it so the best thing really would be a new adapter .

You can get one at the link >> HERE << for $30 , just click on it

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.
Thank you