Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

I have a 8CH MPEG-4 DVR I'm trying to get back to a specific

Customer Question
date. I tried hitting "search"...
I have a 8CH MPEG-4 DVR I'm trying to get back to a specific date. I tried hitting "search" like it says in the user manual but it just flashes instead of taking me to the search menu
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Recorders and Players
1/2/2016
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Pete, Engineer

What is the make and model number of the system, please?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I couldn't say how old this system is my mother purchased it for the pawn shop. I don't see anything on the box but the serial # ***** on the front it says 8CH MPEG-4 DVR. Could I take a picture of it and send it to you some how? Mabe by seeing it you'd had a better idea what make and model it could be.

Yes, you can attach pictures here using the paperclip icon.

I am not familiar with this model - I will see if another expert can assist.

Pete.

Electronics Technician: Neil, Technician replied 1 year ago
Neil, Technician

How far back are you hoping to go? It is the serch function you use, is it coming up with a calendar with days highlighed ? These are the only days you can go back to...

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
well thats the problem I can't figure out how to even get into the search menu. When I hit search cameras flash and stop live feed but only allows me to rewind and fast forward. I can't figure out how to go to a sertain time in the search menu can't even pull up the search menu w any type of dates. I tried printing off a manual for the model that I see on the device.which ALL I see is 8ch MPEG-4 DVR.This search pulls up a manual but I'm afraid it's to a newer version of this model. IDK You saw the picture correct? DO you have a better idea what this make and model could be so mabe I can locate a more appropriate manual to print off? .

This is the only manual I could find:

http://www.idview.com/support/manuals/dvr/RIV_Users_Manual.pdf

You may have to stop the recording before you can access the search function...

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If you look on page 14 it looks like a different device than what I have.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think this is the same manual I printed. If you go to section 4.3 it tells you how to do a search. But when I hit search on my device it does not pull up any type of menu.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It looks like it only records back about 3-4 days. How do I get a longer record time?

You have to set the recording to "Motion" Sounds like you are on fulltime record which is bad for the life of the HDD and also means only a short record time period...

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok how do I set it to motion? We are running a business so that is why the cameras are on full time. But I think that will work here setting it on motion only.

In the recording setup there will be an option for motion, use the manual I linked you it looks similar and will help... There is nothing lost by setting to motion...

Neil, Technician