Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Panasonic blue -ray player (dmp-bd83). It is 3

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic blue -ray player (dmp-bd83). It is 3 months old. I have had no problems playing dvd's, however it will not play blue ray. We tried to play a blue ray disc for the first time tonight. The disc would not play. It sounded like the player was having difficulty reading the disc. A lot of noise was coming from the player until the message 'incompatible disc' comes up. I am really disappointed. The player was a birthday gift and the disc a Christmas gift. It is the first time we tried to play a blue ray disc. I fail to see why consumers should pay the extra cash for blue ray players and discs.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  MD.SADIQUE replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for your question. I look forward to assisting you today with the best answer possible.

I am sorry to say the error message tells you the Disc blu ray format is not supported by your player.

It's not a problem with your blu ray player. If you want you can try other blu ray discs if you have with your player.

Expert:  MD.SADIQUE replied 1 year ago.

Could you please tell me which blu ray disc you tried?