Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have just purchased a Panasonic DMR-BWT 450GL Blue ray

Customer Question

I have just purchased a Panasonic DMR-BWT 450GL Blue ray recorder but am unable to get it to talk to my Panasonic TV. I have connected the unit as per instruction via the HDMI cable but there is no display coming through to the TV. When I use the remote on the blue ray all the functions are working on its own display but not projected to the tv screen Please help if you can.Thanks
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the Panasonic TV.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The television is a Panasonic LCD TV Model TH-L32S10A. Hope this is of assistance as I am at wits end. Thanks
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Appreciate the additional information.

Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Have you checked / replaced the HDMI cable?

...and re-checked / a review:

• • DMR-BWT450's HDMI AV OUT to the TH-L32S10A HDMI port;
  • • press the TV remote's INPUT AV select button;
  • • use ▲/▼ to select which HDMI port was used (1, 2, or 3);
  • • press OK.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have tried a replacement HDMI cable but still no luck. Have tried and selected all three HDMI ports on the TV but still no luck.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Have you tried another HDMI capable device to this TV? ...or the new DMR-BWT450 by HDMI to another TV?

Can you please try doing a RESET of the DMR-BWT450? ...pp. 70-71 of the Owner's Manual

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will try a reset as I dont have any other HDMI devices to try.I will get back to you shortly
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Found another TV with HDMI and connected to it. Still no luck. Tried playing a CD and all is functioning correctly on the display on the blu ray but not to TV screen. Unable to perform a factory reset as it is not displaying to the TV screen so dont know what is happening.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Sorry to hear the lack of development.

Can we try a RESET of the even just the resolution/video format? Please p.88 of the Owner's Manual

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK will try that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried the reset on page 88 but still no good. The screen on the TV is displaying no video signal. This was the case on the original TV I was connected to.Please confirm that I only require the HDMI cable connected to between the units to make it work. I also have the RF antenna lead connected and can view TV if I select TV on the remote control. This is the case on both TV,s.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Yes, a single HDMI cable from the DMR-BWT450's HDMI AV OUT to any of the TH-L32S10A HDMI port should allow video display from the Blu-ray to TV even if it were just the MENU.

A recap:

• • just purchased;
  • • tried a replacement HDMI cable;
  • • another TV with HDMI;
  • • reset...TV is displaying no video signal.

Which then eliminated all other suspects except the DMR-BWT450.

Might a replacement DMR-BWT450 be more to your advantage ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help. I will try and talk to the people I purchased the unit from tomorrow. Unfortunately I live about 1.5 hrs drive from the shop I purchased the unit from.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

I realize that the above information may perhaps be not what was expected. Unfortunately, there is no quick-n-easy fix and neither is there a workaround thus the suggestion of a replacement; sorry for having to be the bearer of bad news.

And it would be beneficial to test run the replacement in the shop premises.