Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My dvd player won't power up. come on but it seems to be

Customer Question

Hello, my dvd player won't power up. For lights come on but it seems to be frozen
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I advise you to disconnect everything from the RCA player including the power.

Then leave it that way for a long while - overnight, or longer.

Plug in only to the power, then turn it on that way, disconnected from all else. See if that (a 'rest-reset') gets it working again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The unit was unable plugged for months. Not being used. When you plug it in, theretc are 4 lights that show simultaneously. But it shouldn't be this way. After it comes on it will not turn off unless you unplug it. Nothing is connected to it and I have tried everything I could.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry to hear that.

Is it possible that it got near metal debris? sometimes if a staple or paper clip or a loose screw gets into such devices, it can make them 'lock up' in the fashion you have described.

You might want to pick it up and shake it a little, or turn it on its side and listen for loose metal sliding and clanking noises.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've actually opened up the unit. To check for such things. I didn't find anything. Is there like a reset for the device?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Is the unit so 'dead' that it will not show anything on the screen if you press the SETUP button on the remote?

If it still shows nothing, then there appears to be no reset for this device, I'm sorry to say.