Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have a Elec H.246 4 channel nd the admin password not

Customer Question

i have a Elec H.246 4 channel nd the admin password ***** working NULL how can i reset the system
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

"NULL" indicates that the password ***** be empty - try leaving the password ***** blank and let me know if you can access the system successfully.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That does not work either that only counts as a strike 1 its not new nd I have a cloud password ***** quite too that's why I need to reopen must reset that's it
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Ok, then try unplugging it and remove the small internal battery for several hours (overnight), then put it in and try again...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got those answers on the Google free help that's why I'm paying u to tell mei how they reset I did 12 hours like that nothing just like right now the batery is out nd its unpluged have u looked up my DVR to see what nd how u really do it I can't call not at 18 more
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

If you do not know the code then removing the battery is the only reset method you can carry out yourself; alternatively you could return the DVR to Elec to have it reset using their factory equipment.

Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Really that's ur answer nd I paid for that they say theres a sucker born every minute to bad I waz born in a second nd this homie don't pay that if that's ur final answer I'm not paying for that
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Sorry if I was the bearer of bad news, however my answer is correct.

I am a user of this site just like you.
We can reply back and forth until you are satisfied.
Please let me know what additional information you need and I'll be happy to help.

Thanks,
Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Everything u said I already got nd tried on goggle nd I don't need to pay nobody to tell me I can take it to a shop and I'm not u come up with a sure way of reseting then we r good but what u said so far sounds like u looked it up on goggle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

This is the correct reset method for most DVR models.

How long did you remove the battery for? You said 30 seconds, but it needs to be overnight to allow the power to drain.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did 12 then I plugged it in without the battery then I put to back nd tried it I had it off since 6 am ill give it in then I would look up more answers in the mean time bcuz my who lquestion waz how to reset the DVR Elec h246 nd u said u know how yet so far its still not reset
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

12 hours?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yea last night that didn't work so I hit this site up
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Ok, see you should have mentioned that in the "Already Tried" section.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yea but I waz asking on how to do a reset pass the basic I searched goggle nd yahoo nd u tube all they said r have I tried just wasn't able to find mines Elec tvcc h246 found h246 but not Elecc that's why I went to here
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately there is no other magical answer - you need to reset the memory by removing the power source;

or return the DVR to Elec to have it reset using their factory equipment.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well im back in the 24 hours plus didn't do the trick it came right on asking 4 the pass word which nothing works
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello is any body out there
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want a different person u don't have answers