Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

I have the DMR-ES10. It has worked fine last time I used it.

Customer Question
Now - after unplugging, the...
I have the DMR-ES10. It has worked fine last time I used it. Now - after unplugging, the unit and re-plugging in again, I see flashing "12:00A", I pressed "setup" on remote and the display shows "2 no disc" - TV screen does not show the SETUP options. No action with the remote causes image to show on the TV screen. Pressing up or down arrow - no response. Pressing "return"- no response. Pressing "setup" again, display shows only "no disc". Pressing setup again, display shows "2 no disc". Pressing "setup" again shows "CHK Remote 1". Pressing holding "enter", display returns to "2 no disc". Trying to change the 2 in the display to 1 is temporary - it returns to 2.
Then I inserted a new DVD disc and the display simply shows "R4:00 LP", pressing
"setup" on remote displays the 2 off to the left of the R4:00. Does not display the
"CHK Remote 1" as it did earlier.
I put fresh batteries in remote control before doing the above sequence.
Would returning to default settings help?
Please respond advising me how to fix this malfunction. Or you can call me
at(###) ###-#### ***** please!
Thanks,
Don Hofschulte
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Recorders and Players
12/10/2015
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Pete, Engineer

Hi Don,

It seems a button may be stuck on either the remote or on the control panel.

Try removing the batteries from the remote to eliminate it as the cause of the problem, then try using the buttons on the control panel on the recorder itself - let me know if they work ok...

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I cannot give you a rating based on your response. With all the info I gave you in my initial question, you should be able to come up with more than a "stuck button" or to use the "control panel" - there is NO control panel on this unit! I don't believe you have an understanding of this unit which would qualify you to troubleshoot my problem. Since I can't
get anything to display on my TV by using the remote, either the remote and/or the recorder is bad - the TV is perfect! Obviously, I am dissatisfied with your effort to help me.
Thanks anyhow,
Don
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do not charge me for your service - it is worthless. I am very dissatisfied with Just Answer.Don
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 1 year ago
Louie, Technician

Hi Don and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):

• • from the repair/Service Manual, perform a RESET of the unit - please click HERE while HERE on how to expose the other front panel controls;
  • • if "CHK Remote 1" is still displayed for every press of any/all button(s) of the original remote, do a RESET of the remote as prescribed by the User's Manual - click HERE.

A friendly reminder; a reset is both a test and a try of a fix. As it implies, a reset would force the unit to revert back to factory defaults removing glitches and config errors but would include memories, presets and user preferences. After a reset, the initial setup would have to be performed.

A reset however would not be corrective of an internal hardware concern; but it would be confirmed. In some instances, it may even expose other issues.

Louie, Technician