Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

Just got a 2nd hand sony TC we605S tape deck. will not drive

Customer Question
tapes on either side. Any ideas?...
just got a 2nd hand sony TC we605S tape deck. will not drive tapes on either side.
Any ideas?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Recorders and Players
11/15/2015
Electronics Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 2 years ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Does motor rotation or click sound hear when press Play or FWD or REW button on player?

Thanks.

it goes brr (very short) then clunk.

Do you get same sound/ clunk on both tape decks?

No - on the non-record side it goes brrr for longer time then just stops - no clunk

OK, it seems rubber belts on both tape mechanism are worn out thus do not drive the mechanism to load/ unload to drive the cassette tape, rubber belts tend to worn out. crack/ loose after 2-3 years and replacement of belts of both mechanism is required to resolve the issue.

I can provide you service manual copy of this player if you are looking to repair it yourself and have expertise to do so OR need to take the player to nearest repair shop for service and belts replacement. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.

How much to finish this call.
I appreciate your input but it didn't fix it.
Bought deck for $40 so no use going to store

I wish I had better news about player or can put my hands on it from here to replace the belts. I understand that its price is low so nothing to lose if try to take it as do-it-yourself project.

Please contact customer service at***@******.*** for billing query because I have no control over such matters and working here as a tech only. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

Thanks.

Hi, do you need any further assistance with it?

Thanks.

Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician