Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

Instructions say to select your network from the list of

Customer Question
available networks. what network...
instructions say to select your network from the list of available networks. what network? what available network?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Recorders and Players
11/13/2015
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Nathan, Technician

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

What device are you trying to set up?
Do you have a home wifi network? Do you know the wifi network name (ssid) and password?

I have wifi through AT&T. I am trying to set up a Rohu Streaming Stick. Step 3 is quoted in my original question.

Okay, it is referring to connecting the roku to your home wifi network.

You must know your network name and password.
The roku will prompt you thorough these steps. It will show you a list of available networks (whatever it can detect) which will include yours and perhaps some neighbors. Pick your network and type in your password. It will proceed with the setup from that point.

No one can tell you offhand what your network or password ***** You should know that already, no one else keeps records of it, including ATT.

I can give you some basic steps to get into your router configuration and look it up yourself, or do it for you.

Ruko shows no list to chose from.

Then you either don't actually have a home wifi network in the first place, or the roku is in a location that is out of range of it and can't pick up a suitable signal.

How far is the tv from the router?

I have wifi. The roku is no more than 20 feet.

Well if you're on the right screen, where it says choose network, then it should be finding it. Hit the refresh or search again button.

If still nothing comes up, then reboot your router by unplugging power to it for 60+ seconds.

Your "answers" have absolutely no benefit to me. DO NOT CHARGE MY CREDITCARD.

I cannot help you if the roku can't pick up a signal.

When you get to the point that it can, I can guide you through the process.

Have you done the reboot?

Can you move the router a bit closer?

This isn't an instant fix, it is an ongoing conversation.

Nathan, Technician