Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have an Emerson HQ DvD/VCR. When I turn it on the TV reads

Customer Question

I have an Emerson HQ DvD/VCR. When I turn it on the TV reads that the VCR is stuck in Eject mode, but there is no tape in it. It will only stay on for about 20 seconds making strange noises and then it turns off and the VCR light flashes green. I have opened it up and have found a screw out of place, but I cannot figure out where it goes. Help please!?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the Emerson.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
EWD2003 I think.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Appreciate the post back and additional information.

The described symtpom almost always is then a hardware issue. Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, please provide clear closeup pictures of the screw and the mechanism / area where it was found.