Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Panasonic DVD Recorder Model DMR-EZ48V, How can I recover

Customer Question

Panasonic DVD Recorder Model DMR-EZ48V, How can I recover control from errors in operating? I cannot access "Setup" with the remote. Remote will not do anything.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Sorry posted here by mistake and will opt out now.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. If you need a part you are still required to pay. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. The machine should give an error number please give me that number.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The front panel display shows CR1 which is likely a mismatch between the unit and the remote codes. Unfortunately, I cannot access the setup screen because the remote does not do anything. Is there another way to access setup or reset the codes?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

I apologize but I need to opt out and open this to all experts.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid and will be happy to assist you. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Do you have Panasonic remote came with this DVD recorder?

- If so, does recorder display CR1 when press menu/ setup button on that remote?

Thanks.