Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

I have a Panasonic sa-ht940 surround sound code f61 comes up

Customer Question
with all speaker unhooked...
I have a Panasonic sa-ht940 surround sound code f61 comes up with all speaker unhooked
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Recorders and Players
10/30/2015
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 2 years ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, the described symptom and error code points to an internal hardware issue. Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even a soldering iron?

Likely suspects after a review of the repair/Service Manual + schematics would be on:

• • speaker terminal(s) connector JK5400 (least likely);
  • • low or missing amp voltage(s) ± 30V & +12V (less likely);
  • • cold solder (likely);
  • • failed amp module output IC5001 (most likely).

Will you attempt a DIY?

Louie, Technician