Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a Pioneer Laserdisc player model CLD-D502 the power

Customer Question

I have a Pioneer Laserdisc player model CLD-D502 the power light comes on but I get no activity.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If the power light comes On, the problem is not a fuse. A fuse, being blown, would lead to the device being utterly dead *without* a power light indication also.

How old is the Laserdisc player in question?

Has it been powered through a surge protector for the majority of its usage lifetime, especially during recent usage?

When exactly does the power light come On? when you plug in the unit to power? or when you have it plugged in and then turn it On?

Let me know please. Thanks.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Russell,The device is more than 20 years old. I originally purchased it back in 1993 or 94. I have never had 1 problem with the device with the exception of a disc being stuck. The device has always been plugged into a surge protector. the power light is on and red anytime I plug it in but I can never get it to actually turn green as if it were on and functioning. The last time I used it was late December.

Is it possible that the power switch on the device is what isn't working? Press it and hold it in for several seconds with some firmness, if not force.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will try this and get back with you later today. Thanks

OK. If it does not help, or even if it merely changes the observable symptoms, please let me know.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Still nothing. The system just remains in standby mode.

That's unfortunate. Try unplugging it from the power, and see how it goes after it has been unplugged overnight, and then tried again after that interval.