Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have the Bosch job site radio. When I turn it on it plays

Customer Question

I have the Bosch job site radio. When I turn it on it plays music for about 3 min , and then goes silent no matter if it's radio or - pod connection. The power stays on but the sound disappears.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Your radio evidently has a heat-related electronics problem, though it is probably in the audio amplifier section rather than in the radio tuner.

I presume you have tried changing channels, when it is the radio that has gone silent, and gotten no better results.

Have you tried starting up the radio in a cold environment or after chilling it in a cold place e.g. a refrigerator, for 15 minutes almost to the minute (not too cold, in other words). (Note: do not freeze it, nor put it in a freezer - that would damage it for sure.)

If it produces audio longer that way, when started up chilled, that confirms a heat-related problem.

Check - just in case - that the Alarm (if it has one) is disabled.

How old is your Bose radio? measured from date of purchase.