Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

Lg blueray player won't load and states 'please wait'. No

Customer Question

Lg blueray player won't load and states 'please wait'. No internal HDD to unplug and cannot manualy open the disk tray as I cannot see a pin hole
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.
This error is most commonly caused by a fault with the optical drive.
You can try spraying compressed air into it or run a cleaning disc in it a few times to help dislodge any dust.
If that doesn't help, then the optical drive has a fault and will need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi. I am unable to open the disk drive to clean optics. I do not see a pin hole to manually open. Any other way to open? Also, I tried unplugging the disk drive from the main board and try to load but still had the same problem. Does this not mean the problem is not with the disk?
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
if there is no pin-hole, you can try carefully pulling the tray out.
If that is not possible, then you will need to remove the top cover from the box and push the tray out, or clean the optical lens by spraying compressed air when the cover is removed.