Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

I have a Philips FWC 550 Mini Fi System from 8/2001. I am in

Customer Question
i have a Philips FWC...
i have a Philips FWC 550 Mini Hi-Fi System from 8/2001. I am in need of a round drive belt (which is about 4 inches). How can I find this drive belt? I called Philips support and they told me to go to P4C.Philips.com for the archive but I cannot find any information can you help me?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Recorders and Players
8/19/2015
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 2 years ago
Louie, Technician
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,
Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...
Initially, belt of which deck please ? ...A or B
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
phone is(###) ###-####
As inquired above; "...which deck please ? ...A or B..."
it's a 3 CD player. the belt turns the CD deck. other than that, your question makes no sense. you can call me if you need to.
I understand and confirms that it is the CD deck and not either of the TAPE decks.
From the Service Manual, I can provide you with the Part Number. Would this information serve your need please?
Philips said they do not have parts to sell for this unit. I need to know the size of the belt exactly so that i can go online or where ever you recommend, to purchase the correct belt. can you help me with that problem?
I can only provide Part Numbers.
Hopefully another member can provide an alternate approach to your concern. The question would be re-opened as I would be opting out.
Still, good luck with the repairs.
Thanks for trying.
Louie, Technician