Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

I have a Toshiba DVR670KU. (not a blue ray) This morning I

Customer Question
put a DVD in and...
I have a Toshiba DVR670KU. (not a blue ray) This morning I put a DVD in and it started to play but shut off after about 4 or 5 seconds. It will not stay on when i press the power button, it comes on and shuts off right away. It wont open the disc drawer to remove the disc. It is a rental and must get it out
Lou
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Recorders and Players
8/18/2015
Electronics Technician: Eric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Eric, Technician

Hi my name is Eric
Welcome to Just Answer, I hope I can help you with your issue.
I have over 30 years experience as a technician in electronics.

Don't panic I can assist

Unplug the player from the wall for a minute, then plug it in and hit the eject button over and over

if it says open, stop hitting the button, the disc should eject.

if this doesn't work you can open the player and remove the disc manually using a philips screw driver, do not try to pry the door open.

Eric, Technician