Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  I have been working on VCR/DVD and CCTV systems and all the other consumer electronics for 20+ years.
11519491

I don't remember my Netgear wifi password. What can I do?

Customer Question

Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi,To change any of your router settings, first of all you need access to the router’s control panel by browsing to the router’s IP address. Many routers will have the IP address displayed somewhere on the outside of the router. If not, you will need to read the documentation or contact the manufacturer for these details. Alternatively you could try obtaining an active routers IP address from your computer by going to Start > Run – now type in ‘cmd’ without the quotes (hit enter) at the black DOS screen type ‘ipconfig /all’ again without the quotes. The address shown against Default Gateway should be the IP address of your router. Now open your browser and type in http://192.168.2.1 - this address is just an example and may not be the address of your particular router.If you get the IP address correct you will be presented with a screen asking for the User Name and Password. You will need both of these before you can enter the routers heart.Once you are inside, the world is your oyster. You should be able to change details regarding your SSID, how many wireless connections can be made (IP range), MAC Address filtering and of course your security settings. If you have previously changed either your User Name or your Password ***** have forgotten or lost these details, your router can be returned to its factory default condition by pressing the reset button. This button is normally recessed to prevent any accidental reset so you will need to press and hold this button by using a straightened paperclip or something similar whilst the router is turned on. Hope that helps;-)Please rate kindly before you close this page, I will stick with you then and you can ask me more if you need.Thank youTech Mike
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Please dont forget to rate!Thank youTech Mike