Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  I have been working on VCR/DVD and CCTV systems and all the other consumer electronics for 20+ years.
11519491

After a Slingbox Pro software upgrade the remote control is

Customer Question

After a Slingbox Pro software upgrade the remote control is unable to be re-configured. I can not change the channel. Please advise. Thanks!!
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi, good morning,
Fortunately, the solution is simple:
On the back of your Slingbox, there's a small button labeled RESET. Quickly press and release it. Don't press it too long, or your Slingbox will go back to its factory settings. A quick press of the button turns the power to the Slingbox off and back on. Most of the time, this resolves the problem.
If that doesn't help, launch Setup on Slingbox.com. You can use the link on the right side of this page.
When Setup opens, click Get Started.
Log into your Sling Account (if you're not already logged in), then click your Slingbox from the list to select it.
Click Configure Inputs.
Select the input that your device is connected to, then follow the instructions to reselect the make and model of your video device.
Doing this should reconfigure your Slingbox and reset the remote control.
I will stick with you until you have this working,
please rate my service kindly thus far, it is the only way I receive credit for my time with you.
It won't cost you anything additional to rate;-)
You can always contact me anytime after rating at no additional cost to you;-)
Thank you and have a great day!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Michael, Thanks for the help. The steps that you have provided are the same steps that I found via Google search. The steps have not resolved the problem. Do you have anymore suggestions??
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I hate to tell you at this point the unit needs repair or replacement;-(I wish I had better news for you but I know these very well. When you have tried all they mention on that site I sent you with no luck the box has a failed component Its called an EPROM erasable programmable read only memory IC.if your unit isn't covered under a warranty you will need to send it in for this repair.If you have electronics experience and the tools needed you can fix this yourself as I can get the part;-)Also I will help you there. Let me know on that.If you do have some electronics knowledge etc you can do a Yahoo search for Slingbox repair there are many Utube videos for this unit.Or send it in for the repair.Also check this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U40HM0VW_VUI will stick with you until you have this working,please rate my service kindly thus far, it is the only way I receive credit for my time with you.It won't cost you anything additional to rate;-)You can always contact me anytime after rating at no additional cost to you;-)Thank you and have a great day!