Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a cr248 cd recorded i haven't used it foe a while now when

Customer Question

i have a cr248 cd recorded
i haven't used it foe a while now when i hit the power button the screen lights up but with the word OFF and the unit shuts off??? what can I do to get the power on to stay.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. First, try not pressing the button more than briefly. If the button action is wrong with dirt or age, then it could transmit two button presses when it is pressed once for more than a moment. If you get the screen to not say 'Off' when it lights up, then you have done the trick rightly. And if that seems to be what is wrong, then you could get contact cleaner spray, and very delicately spray just a little into the Power button while it is Off and unplugged, let it sink it (and evaporate) for a 1/2 hour period or longer.