Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

A CD is stuck in the slot and won't come out.

Customer Question
A CD is stuck in...
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Recorders and Players
7/9/2015
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician
Hello, A CD is stuck in the slot of what? Make and Model of device please.
Cambridge Soundworks Radio CD 740
Okay thank you. Taking a look at this model right now. Can you tell me if pressing and holding Eject gives you the sound of the eject motor "trying" to remove the disc?
When I hold in the "eject" button, I hear a brief 'motor' sound and the message "CD Reset" comes into view.
Please unplug the system from power, then press and hold the power button on the system itself (not the remote), for 15 seconds and release. Wait a minute, then while pressing and holding Eject, plug the system back into power. Continue to hold eject until the disc ejects, or for 20 seconds- whichever comes first . Let me know what happens please.
Sorry, nothing happened. Want me to repeat?
Did the machine make the eject noise when you pressed and held eject- or was there no response?
It made the eject noise. (And I just tried again.)
Okay please try that up to three more times, as it's our only hope on a user level to correct it. Also can you please tell me when/how this occurred? Was it working fine and then stopped, or was it un-used for a period of time prior to this?
I"ve now tried it a total of three times. Can you tell me why the "CD Reset" message comes up?
That is a general error code- simply meaning the system cannot play the disc. Can you please tell me when/how this occurred? Was it working fine and then stopped, or was it un-used for a period of time prior to this?
Yes, I was using the radio, and three days ago tried inserting a CD. I'mnot sure of the prior CD disc history. I hadn't used it for a long time.
Okay, please check this FAQ from Cambridge Soundworks and see if you can correct the issue: Reset for SoundWorks Radio CD 745i or SoundWorks Radio CD 740Step1: Unplug unit for approximately 10 minutesStep2: Plug unit back in and then press and hold the CD IN button until the screen reads CD RESET.Sometimes if the CD does not respond, pull the plug and re-apply power within 15 seconds. Sometimes a completely discharged state casues a lockup of the CD subsystem.
Did you have any luck?
No. I'm sorry.
Okay and unfortunately this indicates a hardware failure in the unit that requires service.
This indicates that the disc mechanism has one or more parts that are out of spec (usually capacitors, or a gear will dry up preventing the unit from operating normally). I would suggest giving CS a call (I know they don't build AV equipment anymore- but they still may have repair service in place): Cambridge Soundworks: 1-***-***-**** If not then you can also try the following link to locate a repair shop in your area: www.stereorepair.com I'm sorry for the bad news on this one and wish there were a quick fix. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Aric, Technician