Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

I own a Magnavox Portable DVD Player and recently when I go

Customer Question
to place a DVD Disc...
I own a Magnavox Portable DVD Player and recently when I go to place a DVD Disc in the unit and close the lid, I will depress the on/off button, but it does not play and show the picture and sound. I believe, that it may be a small wire that is causing
the problem and is located near and/or under the on/off button. If so, it really needs to be repaired and/or replaced. Would one of your tech's be able to refer me to a repair shop and/or a private individual in Topeka ks, that can do this work for me? I have
had this one for almost 10 years and it has always performed just great! Thank you so very much for your help - My Email Address is:***@******.*** Sincerely, Delmer
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Recorders and Players
7/6/2015
Electronics Technician: Michael, Technician replied 2 years ago
Michael
Michael, Technician
Good evening Delmer, I'm sorry to hear about that problem. In this case you have a few good options. Best Buy and Sears in many locations will take that in and send it out for repair. But Sears also couls do this at your home;-)What I would do in this case is contact Sears to see which would be available to you nearby;-)General information:Best Buy KS(###) ###-####ears: 1-***-***-****. I would call Sears to find out if they have a local drop off it would be the cheapest way. Also Sears does quality work for a great price on items like yours;-)There may be other options available to you as well. If you need them please let me know;-)I will stick with you until you have this working,please rate my service kindly thus far, it is the only way I receive credit for my time with you.It won't cost you anything additional to rate;-)You can always contact me anytime after rating at no additional cost to you;-)Thank you and have a great evening! And please rate kindly at this time.Tech Michael
Attention: Michael, Tech
@ my.justanswer.comHello and greetings, MichaelI have just returned home here in Topeka, ks as I have been
in Kansas City, Mo. for most of the day today.
I have been enrolled in Private Dance Lessons in Ballroom Dance
as well as Championship Dance competition with my Pro/Am
Dance Instructor as a Team for the past 10 years.Regards ***** ***** able to get my Magnavox DVD Portable Player
repaired - Thank you so very much, for telling me about Sears
and I will give them a call and/or stop by their store here in
Topeka and visit with them about the repair work ASAP.If it can be repaired, I would like to keep this one as I enjoy
watching movies sometimes and my grandchildren, enjoy
coming to my home and watch their cartoons also.
Thanking you so very much and I will be sure to tell some
of my friends about you and my.justanswer.com
My best wishes to all of you -Sincerely,
Delmer E. Moore***@******.***
Hi Delmer, Anytime I can help a fellow JA member is always great!Sears does a great ob, but you may have to pull some teeth with the sales people to get them to help lol.But even if you do a web search you will see how much they do fix!Pretty much everything lol;-)They have a home service where they would check it out in your home, and service it there when they have the part. But thats a more expensive route I wouldnt go that way with this unit however.But yes I would use them first and foremost.Have a great day and let me know how it all goes, and as you know Im not compensated unless you rate, so please do that before you go and have a wonderful day***@******.***
Michael
Michael
Michael, Technician