Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

On my Go Video VCR/DVD combo recorder, the power goes on when…

Customer Question
On my Go Video VCR/DVD...
On my Go Video VCR/DVD combo recorder, the power goes on when I turn on the remote, but the setup won't connect, so I couldn't play a movie. It's always worked before. I tried
unplugging it and reconnecting, but it still doesn't work and now I can't set the time either, so I can't record anything. Can you help?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Recorders and Players
6/22/2015
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 3 years ago
Russell H., Service Tech
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.Turn Off both remote and recorder, for at least 20 minutes. Wipe off the receiver surface on the recorder with a dry cloth, and the emitter on the remote.Turn On only the recorder (after that 20 minute+ interval). Wait at least 30 seconds, then turn On the remote too.See if that helps the remote to connect to the recorder. If not, double-check the batteries in the remote, replace them to see if that makes a difference.If it doesn't help, you would probably need a new remote, I'm sorry to say.
I already did what you suggested before I wrote to you, except for waiting
30 seconds. Didn't help. Didn't solve the problem or tell me something
I didn't know, though I appreciate that you tried. Six hours is a long time to
wait for that response. Sorry, but not satisfied, and don't know that I'd try this
again. You may keep the deposit, but I don't think the advice warranted any
further service fee. Thank you. S.S.