Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

I have an old (20 yrs) Sony combination DVD/VCR player. The

Customer Question
remote was lost in a...
I have an old (20 yrs) Sony combination DVD/VCR player. The remote was lost in a recent move. I'm only interested in using the DVD part. Please help me find something that will work.
Sue
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Recorders and Players
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/20/2015
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Nathan, Technician
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.
Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.
Can you please tell me the full model number of the sony?
Do you currently have any other remotes at your disposal, such as a cable/satellite box remote or other universal remote? If so, you may be able to utilize that rather than investing in a new/replacement remote.

I don't have the model number. I do have a remote for cable.

Can you look on the sony, there should be a sticker on the back indicating the model number, or printed on the front near the display/screen. If not, I can still recommend a remote for you, but it is more of an educated best estimate and I can't guarantee it will work, you may end up having to try several models before finding the right fit. Having the model number helps me find the best match for you.

There is no display -- this is a combo DVD VCR player.

Okay, most all of the sony combo units were the SLV series, which work with the RMT-V501C model remote.Because these systems are all old, obsolete, and discontinued, they are hard to find a brand new remote any longer. You can still get a used or generic one though:http://amzn.to/1H5MeUJorhttp://www.replacementremotes.com/SONY/Buy-RMT-V501C-RMTV501C-988506120-DVD-VCR-Combo-Player-Remote-Control.html Best regards,Nathan
Nathan, Technician