Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Pioneer dvr 220 question...was working fine (it is 11 years…

Customer Question
pioneer dvr 220 question...was working...
pioneer dvr 220 question...was working fine (it is 11 years old, however) until I turned the power off for an impending thunderstorm, now nothing. Could the Li-ion internal battery being dead cause this?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Recorders and Players
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/6/2015
Electronics Technician: Engineer John C., Engineer replied 3 years ago
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you with your question today. I am John, I will do my very best to help you solve this problem.
It should turn ON even with a bad battery. However you can find where it is located downloading the service manual from here ===> file:///Users/john/Downloads/dvr220s.pdf
Go to section "2.2" on page 10 and you will see where is the Lithium Battery located, however I don't think that's the cause, but we can try replacing it.
Please unplug it from the power outlet for 5 minutes, then plug it back to power directly to the wall outlet.
If it does not work, then the unit will need to be checked in person, unfortunately.
=====
Remember this doesn't have to be the final communication. We can continue the conversation for no additional charges.
Please read below also:
Some customers get upset when they do not get a quick solution and as a result rate my service as poor even though it is the correct answer. I respectfully ***** ***** you go to rate me, if you are inclined to rate me poorly, to please let me know what more I can do to gain a positive rating. That would be highly appreciated.
If you are satisfied with my job please leave me a positive feedback, that's the only way for me to be paid by JustAnswer.com, you won't be charged again. Remember this doesn't have to be the final answer. We can continue communicating for no additional charges.
If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to let me know clicking reply. Please do not leave negative feedback, just click Reply instead.
Thank You and I wish you all the best. GOD Blessings!!!