Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

When trying finalize and press setup cannot get menu to go…

Customer Question
When trying finalize and press...
When trying finalize and press setup cannot get menu to go down to DVDs menu
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Recorders and Players
To DVDs menu so can go down to finalize. Stays stuck first two options and will no godown tofourth
5/29/2015
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 3 years ago
Russell H., Service Tech
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
The problem sounds familiar. I believe this means that some option is not favorable to actual use of the DVD 'finalize' option.
Perhaps the mode is wrong.
Perhaps the disc (I doubt it) is the wrong type ?
Perhaps no data has been written to the disc yet, and the system is guarding against its being finalized ?
What are the two options that you *can* get to, at that point?
But tell me what maker and model # ***** device in question is, and I will advise you in more detail, and less speculatively.
toshiba dvr620ku what do u mean no data written to disc? have never done this. was able get finalize in past.
I am frankly puzzled by the problem, and have no other ideas at this point, so with apologies I have Opted Out, opening the case to other Experts... but I will still be able to post any further ideas on what to do, for this case.
when trying to finalize and hit setup can not scroll down to dvd menu. can only do general setting and timer programming and will scroll down to title list or dvd menu. as result unable finalize disc.
Electronics Technician: Michael, Technician replied 3 years ago
Michael
Michael, Technician
Hi different expert here,
how old is your DVD system?
Also has it worked finalizing disks in the past for you?
Please be detailed so I can help you in a timely fashion.;-)
new dvd/vhs unit. it did finalize discs until recently
Hi so you are familiar with its normal operations;-) Thats good.
If you are using different brand or type disks that could be a problem but most of the time this problem is a defect in the DVD player itself.
But since yours is so new, its still fully covered under the manufacturers warranty. You may need to call them for this replacement if the store wont exchange it for you. But I would try the store first as its quicker;-)
If not, the phone # ***** the warranty dept should be on the user manual or the warranty card.
Please let me know if you need further information.
I will stick with you until your unit is working correctly,and it won't cost you anything additional to rate my service. You can always get in touch with me if you need further assistance after rating;-)
Thank you and have a nice evening;-)