Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Whats wrong w/ this portable DVD player? only lasted 6

Customer Question
months ... it acts like...
whats wrong w/ this portable DVD player? only lasted 6 months ... it acts like its reading but after 25 second or so. ... just stops and says "NO DISK"
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Recorders and Players
https://youtu.be/Mmg2PHLzeZ4
5/27/2015
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 3 years ago
Louie, Technician
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the DVD player. Still, the only easy user doable attempts (if have not been tried):• carefully clean the laser lens with cotton buds lightly dipped in household alcohol;• exercise/slide the laser lens (without smudging it) from near center to outermost position a couple of times.Please post back results / observations of the above once tried.All others would be internal to the player.