Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Just got a roku stick and I get an error code 011 upon setup. I now my…

Customer Question
just got a roku stick...
just got a roku stick and I get an error code 011 upon setup. I now my wifi network is good due to the fact I have a samsung tablet, 3ds, epson printer, xbox one and my pc all working on it and yet the roku will not connect to the internet. I have an arris tg862 router from comcast and the roku stick is about 30 pus feet from were the router is how do fix this connection issue
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Recorders and Players
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/24/2015
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 3 years ago
Aric, Technician
Hello and sorry you're having problems. Please see this from the Roku site: I am seeing a Code 011 error during setup. What should I do?If you are attempting to setup your Roku player and you see a Code 011 error, this means the Roku player momentarily lost connection to the Roku update server. There may be a chance that Roku servers are not available due to a scheduled maintenance. When this happens, try again after a short period of time. Then just perform a power cycle of the Roku player with the instruction below. You should be able to continue where you left off.To resolve this do the following:Power cycle the Roku player by removing the power connector from the back of the Roku player. Wait 30 seconds, then reconnect the power. Wait for the player to restart, then follow the on-screen instructions.If power cycling the Roku player did not resolve the error then a network power cycle might. To do this remove the power connector from these devices. (note that your router and modem may be one physical unit)Roku playerWireless routerModem Wait 30 seconds then reconnect the power connectors in this order, waiting 1 minute between each device to allow it to fully boot.ModemWireless routerRoku playerFollow the on-screen instructions from the Roku player and TV.If none of the above steps worked then a reset of the Roku player may be needed. To reset the Roku player find the reset button. (Consult your user manual for the location of the reset button on your specific model) Press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds then release. The Roku player will then restart. Follow the on-screen instructions for setup. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.