Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

NEW ROKU REMOTE DOES NOT CONTROL THE TV

Customer Question
NEW ROKU REMOTE DOES NOT CONTROL THE TV
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Recorders and Players
5/21/2015
Electronics Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 3 years ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Hello, my name is***** am an independent tech connected to you via this pay for assistance website service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):
1. What is the model number of the Tv?
2. Are you able to control the Tv using it's original remote?
3. What model/version Roku do you have?
4. Are you saying that you cannot see the Roku setup screens on the Tv? What are you seeing on the tv screen?
REPLY to continue (do not start a new question).
ps: Please refresh this page often if you don't see my reply.
! Samsung UN60ES6100F
2 Yes
3 ROKU 4200F
4 "ROKU"
Not sure where you got the "4200F" numbers... Do you have:
Roku stick
Roku 3
Roku 2
Roku 1
4200X is printed on the sticker on the
back. We have ROKU 3
THE UNIT IS NEW(refurbished) , just arrived today.
Ifollowed all those instructions but the remote light did NOT begin flashing
Please try these instructions:
-Open the remote battery compartment and locate the pairing button.
-Press and hold the pairing button for at least 3 seconds. (front LEDs will blink)
-Power cycle the Roku player. (unplug the power connector and plug back in)
-During the start up process, the Roku remote will automatically pair to your Roku player. (the front LEDs will stop flashing)
Does it work now?
Performed all your intructions - NO it still does not work. The remote light keeps flashing before and after the pairing attempt.
Reset the Roku:
With power plugged in, locate the reset button on the backside of the player, below the power connector. Using the tip of a pin, or a paper clip that’s opened, press and hold the reset button for about 15 seconds, then release that button.
Watch the tv screen.
Test remote and try to pair if needed.
I hope that reset worked for you. If it did not then you do have a bad unit and will need to contact the place where you got it refurbished.
Please be sure to take a moment right now to click the positive rating so that I get credit for helping you today. Doing so does not finish or close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly depends on your positive rating because I do not get paid hourly here.
Please do not click bad-poor rating if you are unhappy with your product. Doing that blames me for your problem, destroys my standing here as a professional, and does not issue you a refund. Instead contact customer service or REPLY back here.
Thank you,
Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician