How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Louie Your Own Question
Louie, Technician
Category: Recorders and Players
Satisfied Customers: 12275
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
Type Your Recorders and Players Question Here...
Louie is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Cannot record a dvd

Customer Question

cannot record a dvd
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, what type of blank DVD discs have been tried ? ...and recording from what source please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
tdk+r kodac+r I got them at wal mart.the recorder was working ok till about a week ago. I keep getting anerror message e4-54043e02
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the source is from dish tv.
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
The error message is very significant as it would be indicative of a hardware issue.
Still, could you please try using DVD -R blank discs?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok thankyou.
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
Using a DVD -R would serve as both an attempt of a fix and as a test by process of elimination.
Appreciate the post back and an update when able.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the-r do work but I have to download them 2-3 times before they record.
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
Appreciate the update and glad that the DVD -R works (albeit repeated attempts).Considering that it is only 7 months, then it would still be under warranty.Perhaps it would be to your advantage to have it replaced/repaired by an authorized Service Center.Please post back how you would want to approach this and/or should additional information be needed.