Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  I have been working on VCR/DVD and CCTV systems and all the other consumer electronics for 20+ years.
11519491

I have a toshiba model d-550 dvd-rw/r recording machine. it

Customer Question

i have a toshiba model d-550 dvd-rw/r recording machine. it will start to record and after a short period it will stop recording.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. There are many things that can cause this, can you describe how you are trying to record?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i am recording on dvd in different record modes. It will start to record and after a hour or so it will stop and display unable to record on this disk. I can complete the disk to play on other dvd players. But it will stop recording after a hour or so. It is worst when set to timer record. When the timer come on for it to record it starts to record then stop within a few minutes.
Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
It sounds like other channels are taking priority. That will definitely cause the recording to stop. You can reset the recorder by pressing setup, and selecting General Setting. Do the RESET ALL command, and see if that clears up the problem. Please tell me the results.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
tried that the results the same. made sure the recorder was not hooked up to a station but recording separately from another unit same results.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi different expert here,
How old is your D-550?
Also does it play the material ok?
Please be specific as this is a technical issue and I will need detailed information to help you with this;-)