Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

I have a SONY MDL# BDP-S560 Blu -Ray DISC/DVD Player, SN:

I have a SONY MDL#...
I have a SONY MDL# ***** Blu -Ray DISC/DVD Player,
SN:(###) ###-#### that will not work. I can turn the Power On/Off, Open the Input Device, but on from the player. Home will come Up, but nothing else, asnd the Remote doesn't appear to be working. I have changed batteries, still cannot get the plater to work.
10/9/2012
Michael
Michael, Technician
Hi have you tried updating the software.
Its pretty easy but needs to be done occasionally to get the device to function again.
Please let me know.
Thank you
Tech Michael

This device has not been previously used, and I have never had to replace the software on any of my other units, I have 7. So the answer is NO, I haven't replaced the software !

Hi please be patient as these are technical issues and we do solve them very well but we need information as the issue can be one of many.
Please unplug the player from power then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then release it.
Wait 5 minutes then plug the unit back in and let me know if there is any change.
Also try different disks, Blu Rays and non Blu Rays and let me know the results as I need this information to continue with this issue.
Thank you
Tech Michael

Sir,

I unplugged the player and held the PWR ON/OFF Switch in for 20 Se.

I will be fair on your rating, will not provide any rating until we fix it, or junk it !

Stewart

Sir,

Stewart

Sir,

Sorry about the delay, had something come up that needed to be done, right then !

I just plugged the player in, I now have a picture, but no sound !

Hi Stewart thats ok about the delay:)
As for no sound it may be that the unit needs a cleaning disk.
You should try that.
Also how old is the unit?
Thank you Tech Michael
Michael
Michael, Technician

I have found the answer to the problem that I was having with my unit, believe it or not, I used a new and different Sony Remote Control, and everything started to work. I no longer have any problems, sort of surprised me too. I have 35 years experience as an Army Electronic Technician, and once again the old addage proved true, check everything before you start running software, the problem usually is where you'd least expect it.

Thanks, ***** ***** you got me started in the right direction.

Michael
Michael
Michael, Technician