Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

My dvd is stuck in the dvd player of my Sansui tv/dvd combo-help

Customer Question
please?...
My dvd is stuck in the dvd player of my Sansui tv/dvd combo-help please?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Recorders and Players
8/26/2012
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 5 years ago
Pete, Engineer

ElectronicsPete :

Hello, I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

ElectronicsPete :

Try the following:
1. Turn off the power supply to your Sansui TV/DVD combo.
2. Press and hold the DVD EJECT button on the side of the TV.
3. Turn on the power supply socket whilst continuing to hold the EJECT button.

ElectronicsPete :

If this does not force the DVD to eject, then it is physically stuck inside the DVD player and will need to be retrieved by removing the rear panel off the TV and manually sliding the DVD out of the slot.

I have unscrewed the screw to the back panel but it does not want to slide or budge from its place and wich direction do I slide the pannel-these are snapped together pretty tight...

Hi Pamela,

You will need to ensure that every screw is removed, then gently prise the rear panel off the TV using a butterknife or similar flat, blunt object.
If you feel any resistance, check around for any screws that may have been missed - there are a lot of screws holding this panel in place!

Pete.

Hi Pamela,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,

Pete.
Pete, Engineer