Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

How to hook up a Magnavox dvd-vcr combo recorder-player to

a telus optik tv rca?...
How to hook up a Magnavox dvd-vcr combo recorder-player to a telus optik tv rca?
5/22/2012
Carl L
Carl L, Master Technician

Hi and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX will be assisting you today. I have several years of Professional Training and Hands On Experience under my belt and am dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible for your situation.

Here's how this works: We will go back and forth exchanging information about your problem until a proper diagnoses can be made. There is no extra charge for replying. In the rare case that your problem simply just can't be fixed, I will provide you with all of your options on how to move forward. Please remember that there isn't always a magic fix and that I am only compensated for my time helping you when you indicate that your satisfied with my efforts. Even after you've indicated that I've helped you, the question is never closed and I am available for follow up replies at anytime.

Are you going from the Output of the Optik Box to the RCA Input of the Magnavox then from the Magnavox to the TV?

I go from Magnavox In to Optik Out and from Magnavox Out to TV Input
Can you see the Magnavox on the TV ok? What type of Cable to you have connecting the Magnavox to the TV?
I have a cable,white red and yellow connecting the Magnavox to the TV.I tried to play a DVD movie nothing on the TV.
Have you checked to make sure that your on the proper Input/Source on the TV? Flip through the Inputs with the Magnavox on and see if you can get it to come up on the TV.
With the Magnavox on I tried other inputs on TV still nothing.My rca TV has Vid1,Comp1,Comp2 Inputs and Audio Video,Digital Output.
The Magnavox's Yellow, Red, and White output should be plugged into the Vid1's Yellow, Red, and White Input with Vid1 selected on the TV.
Yes the Magnavox yellow,red and white output is plugged into Vid1 on TV.One DVD is running because the Magnavox clock is running but no thing on TV.Optik uses Comp1
Do you have something that can connect to that Vid1 to test and make sure that the TV is working ok? What is the model number of the Magnavox?
The model No of the Magnavox is:CMWR20V6. and used to work fine with Shaw Cable.Noww I am using Telus Optik TV,it is dfferent.
What should I use to to the Vid1 to test? The TV is on working ok with Telus Optik box
Ok, I see that the Magnavox has Component Output. Connect the Component Out to the TV's Comp2 and see if you have video now.
I connected Component out from Magnavox to TV Comp2 still no video.The ouput colors of the Magnavox are red,blue and green do not match yellow,red,white.
You can still use that cable to test with. Just put Yellow to Green, Red to Red, and White to Blue on both ends. Once connected, press the Source button on the Magnavox to make sure that it's set on DVD. Let me know how it goes.
Yes,I did that and still no video
Do you have another TV to test it on? It's really starting to look like the Magnovox is bad if other things work on the TV but it wont.
I tried a Citizen VCR too and no video either.Also tested the Magnavox on another TV still no video.That Optik Telus Box is digital.
Now this is really starting to make no sense. The VCR's Yellow, White, and Red Output connected to the Yellow, Red, and White Input on either TV, shows no video at all? Can you take a picture of how you have everything connected and send it to [email protected]? I'll be able to better assist you when I get them. Thanks

Yes no video. Are you familiar with the Optik digital Box connected to the TV ?I am from Vancouver Canada.Here we have Shaw cable,no digital box and Telus with a Digital box.

Yes I am, but we can set aside anything that's connected to the TV except for the Magnavox. What is the model number of the TV itself?
The TV is RCA Model L37WD22.I need everything connected so I will be able to record on DVD or VCR.

Is this how your connecting the Magnavox to your TV?

graphic

Yes it is connected like that.
And when the TV is set on Vid1 nothing comes up when playing a DVD?

Yes when the TV is set on Vid1 I can see the DVD playing the Magnavox is OK.But the TV with the Optik Digital Box is hooked on TV Comp1 then on Comp1 the Magnvox does not work.I need to be able to record with the DVD Player.

Connect the Optik Box Yellow, Red, and White Output to the Magnavox DVD/VCR Yellow, Red, and White Input. Connect the Magnavox Yellow, Red, and White DVD/VCR Output to the Vid1 on the TV.

Yes I made the connection Optik Box Yellow,Red ,White Output to Magnavox Yellow,Red,White Input.And connected Magnavox Yellow,Red,White Output toVid1 on TV.No video on TV running on Comp1.Whit TV on Vid1 the video shows on TV screen.But I need TV on Comp1 to make recordings.

You have to use the Vid1 input to see what's going on. The Magnavox is not configured to record and show on Comp1. If you can see your Optik that's now going through the Magnavox onto your TV, you can start recording using the Magnavox.
So,it is not possible to use the Magnovox on Comp1.How about a Sony VCR player recorder or a Citizen VCR player recorder?The Optick book of instructions says one connection allows to record and play back programming on a VCR.

Are you trying to record what comes out of the Optik Box on the Magnavox? If so, the connection method I gave is the only way it can be done. If you want to record and have it play through Comp1 (Component), you'll need a Hi-Def DVD Recorder like this one here: http://www.world-import.com/Toshiba-DR570-Region-Free-DVD-Recorder.htm.

Carl L
Carl L, Master Technician

I will look for a Hi-Def DVD Recorder.

Thanks Carl

Anytime Leon.

Carl L
Carl L
Carl L, Master Technician