Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

Cant Connect To Roku error code 0111

Customer Question
Can't Connect To Roku error...
Can't Connect To Roku error code 0111
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Recorders and Players
4/29/2012
Electronics Technician: Engineer John C., Engineer replied 5 years ago
Hello, I am Engineer John C., I will be your expert today.

Do you have a computer with Windows 7 or Mac OS (which one?) that can currently connect to your internet via wireless? This would help to confirm your wireless network password.

Please click the "Reply to expert" button below to let me know.

Thank you.
Windows Vista connected wireless to my apt complex internet

OK, what's your router brand and model?

netgear N600

OK. Please try unplugging the Roku from the electric outlet for 5 minutes, then plug it back and try again.

If no luck, please try resetting the Roku pushing the reset hole on the back or bottom of the Roku for 20 seconds (the Roku must be turned on), and then after the 20 seconds release it and wait for it to restart. It may take like 3 or 5 minutes to restart after the reset.

Then please follow the steps below from your ROKU:
1- Go to the Settings menu, then click "Network"

2- Then you need to select "repeat guided setup"

3- Select the name of your wireless network.

4- Then if prompted, enter the password of your wireless network. That's it!, it should work now.

It the ROKU asks for an update, select NO if possible, and let me know.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please remember to press the "Accept Answer" green button when we are finished, it is the only way I can get credit for helping you. I want you to be 100% satisfied so please, by all means ask any questions you might have on this subject. Positive feedback is always appreciated.
Lost me at the reset hole. I see it but press what? My finger over the hole?

Please try using a paper clip, push the reset hole with the paper clip for 20 seconds (the Roku must be turned on), and then after the 20 seconds release it and wait for it to restart. It may take like 3 or 5 minutes to restart after the reset.

I can't get to the settings menu because I am never able to get past the setup menu... It begins each time at setup menu where I then connect to my wireless network.

It then is able to find the internet access at my apt complex and I choose it. Then it says update available and I have no other choice but to continue... And then.... every single freakin time it says unable to connect error code 011. I've had this thing for over a month and have never been able to get it to work.

OK, but you have a router at home also?

If you do, please connect the ROKU to one of the ports 1, 2, 3 or 4 on the back of the router. Then process the upload.

When the upload finishes, please unplug it and try to connect via wireless.

yes I have a wireless router. I tried connecting without router too.... When my router is connected to Roku I get the following error

Can't connect to your wireless network

verify blah blah blah that router is turned on and you entered the password correctly..

I don't have password for my apt complex internet connection but Roku never prompted me to enter one either. This thing sucks.

OK, when you connect the ROKU to the router with an Ethernet cable, then do NOT follow the wireless setup.

Instead, please select WIRED and follow the prompts.

Thank you

John C.
Can't connect to Roku error code 011

OK, this seems to be a problem with the router.

Is that router used by you only? or it shares the internet to all the building complex?

Router is used by only myself
OK. Ok, please follow the steps below to reset the router. Please note the wireless network name will be changed to "netgear" or "wireless" and no password will be asked (we can setup a password after all is working OK)

1- Make sure the wireless router is turned ON.

2- Press and hold down the "reset" button on the back of your router for 30 seconds. The reset button is inside a very tiny hole on the back of the router. Please use a paper clip to push it for 30 seconds

3- Then release the button and wait 30 seconds.

4- Then unplug it from the electricity outlet, wait 10 seconds and replug it to the electricity outlet

5- Make sure the internet modem is connected to the "WAN" or the "Internet" port on the back of the router

6- Unplug the internet modem from the electricity outlet, wait 10 seconds and then replug it to the electricity outlet.

7- Wait 5 minutes (yes, 5 please)

8- Then please connect from your ROKU to the "Wireless" or "Netgear" wireless network.

9- Connect also from your other wireless devices and wireless computers to the "Wireless" or "Netgear" wireless network.

Same error nothing has changed
We will have to try again later or perhaps again next week to get this working. I appreciate your time and effort but can't afford to spend all Sunday trying to get this to work. I actually manage a media company that has a news channel on Roku. Suprised anyone has ever seen it.

OK, that's weird. I would try the ROKU from another place, if you still get the error 011, then something is wrong with it.

In that case, please call ROKU at 1-888-600-7658 / (email at http://support.roku.com/entries/413244-contact-support)

Thank you

John C.
Engineer John C., Engineer