Joe
Joe, Technician
Experience:  ASE cert tech for over 12 years, Auto, Marine and Home Electronics professional
20508815

I have a Sony Modle CDP-CX335 Megastorage 300CD CD player,

I have a Sony Modle CDP-CX335 Megastorage 300CD CD player, It is getting a "Table Error" and the table wont turn.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Joe replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for using justanswer.com, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you with your concern today.

Was the unit moved with discs inside of it right before this problem?

Thanks,

Joe

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The unit was not moved with discs inside.
Expert:  Joe replied 5 years ago.

The next step would be to remove the case cover and then try to start a disc and watch what happens, does it take the disc from the tray into the drive? Does it then spin the disc up? Inspect and note exactly everything it does and let me know.

Thanks,

Joe

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I took thr case cover off. I turned the player on. there is a wurring noise. Nothing spins in the drive and the tray does not spin. I tried to slide a disc into the drive. Nothing happens. Is the drive belt driven? Is the disc tray also belt driven? I can move the tray by pushing it by hand.and get the unit to lock up on the disc shown on the screen when I push play and the wurring sound stops. I then have to power the player off tjen on to unlock everything.
Expert:  Joe replied 5 years ago.

Yes, the table should be belt driven, you will need to visually inspect the belt and check the drive motor, if drive motor is getting correct voltage but not working then the motor needs to be replaced.

Thanks,

Joe

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your help. Iguess I have to get to the belt(s) on my player. I don't have a service manual to tear into it. Do I need to remove the discs to work on the player? Also is there a web site to get a free service for the player?
Expert:  Joe replied 5 years ago.

Yes, remove all discs from the unit first to prevent damage to the unit and or the discs.

Service manual: Nowhere can I locate a free version:

http://www.manuals-in-pdf.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=134308

If you need any further assistance just let me know.

Thanks,

Joe