Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced lawyer
11313492

Dispute with General Contractor I hired a contractor who was

Dispute with General ContractorI hired a contractor who was supposed to finish my job by Dec 2019 but have still not finished it. Per my contract he is liable to return 30% of the money he rcvd from me. I want to know what legal options I have to go against this GC and get my refund. Also not all his work is with proper workmanship
Greetings and welcome. I am reviewing your question and will respond back right away! ***** Quick note re phone calls and follow ups: 1. If you get a phone call offer from the site that typically has an additional charge and requires your card company to clear it - You are welcome to accept the call; or reject it it and just stay with me in chat mode. If you select the call, another expert would call you as soon as available - 2. After you get my answer, if you have a follow up, please ask me - I will be usually be able to reply back right away. *****
On review of your facts, you have a good case. A letter from you or a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it! It also may produce from the other side admissions or agreement. If the other side considers risk, legal fees and time you should get the outcome you seek.If needed, If you sue in court you may end up with a judgment. The judgment generally allows you to levy on bank accounts, lien real estate and work with the sheriff office civil enforcement division. Many lawsuits result in settlement - which expect the judge to encourage.If my reply is acceptable please reply “yes” or “acceptable” - that’s how I get credit by the site.
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
attaching my contract for your quick referal - just check the 1st pages if you can
Typically this is an additional charge but I will waive it and review.
On review my answer is further confirmed.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.We are normally rated per reply - please take a moment to do that now. If my reply is acceptable please reply “yes” or “acceptable” - that’s how I get credit by the site.
Awaiting your reply, thanks. We are normally rated per reply, so would appreciate if you could let me know, much appreciated.
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
thanks, ***** ***** hire you to send notice to the GC
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
will be happy to give u a rating
We cannot represent customers per site rulesWhile we cannot represent customers, martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options!Thank you! Please take a moment to rate me 5 stars (*****) typically located at the top or bottom of the page. If you don’t see it, please just reply back “5 stars” (you may also get a text to rate). After you rate, you can leave a tip/bonus in any amount you are comfortable with - which is greatly appreciated. Please stay safe and healthy!