Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Real Estate Law Mentor
26296561

I need to ask a Real Estate question, specifically that

Customer Question

I need to ask a Real Estate question, specifically that pertains to Florida. Is there anyone I can ask?
JA: Have you talked to a FL lawyer about this?
Customer: No, its about selling a condo
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have a real estate agent, have agreed on a price and am closing in one week. But I think I'm being lied to so...
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Sure, do Real Estate agents have a fiduciary responsibility? This agent is acting as a dual agent for both seller and buyer. She has been only helping the buyer not me, I'm the seller. She's lied to me and I found my condo on a site that says its a new listing. I don't close for a week, how can that happen?
Submitted: 4 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 4 days ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.

Thank you for your question.

I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Generally, transactional real estate agents do not have fiduciary duty to either buyer and/or seller and only have to act ethical to both.

Please let me know if you have any related follow up question

If you do not, please accept and positively rate my answer, so that I can receive credit for my work.

Thank you and good luck!

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
What can I do when the real estate agent is unethical and mainly helped the buyer against my best interests? She did not tell me information that I needed to know to make an informed decision
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
No, I would rather have you answer here. I'm better when I see things in writing.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hello, are you there?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hello...……..where are you Alex?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I can't rate you until you help me with this...…….??????
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I'm still here, where are you?????

Thank you for your follow up.

Please be patient while I review your question / responses or work on your answer.

Can you please explain what this real estate agent did wrong?