JKEsq
JKEsq, Attorney
Experience:  Managing law firm partner
104185186

Condo unit with no windows, not yet, miami, property damage

condo unit with no windows
JA: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?
Customer: not yet
JA: Where is the condo located?
Customer: miami
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: property damage

Hello I will be the attorney assisting you today. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship. You may receive an offer from the site for a phone call that I have no control over being offered to you. This is an optional paid service.

What is the legal question you have? I did not see a question to answer other than there is a statement a condo has some type of damage.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I live in a condo unit with no windows in any of the rooms. I decided to leave after 4 years. there are few damages on the property. including broken bathroom wall, kitchen cabinets, electrical and water leak. my landlord is telling she will take my deposit and sue me if the deposit is not enough to cover the fixing of the damages. can she do it ?

Ok so this is a rental, not really a condo issue.

If you caused the damage then yes. The deposit is specifically for damage tenant caused during the lease. And anything the deposit doesnt cover landlord can sue for that additional amount. PLUS landord's legal fees which could be thousands.

That is per FL Statute 83.49

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
it is still my responsibility to fix even if there are no windowns in the apartment and previous water leaks problems in the property prior to move in and ? also, They are asking me to fix prior to move out, (i got few quotes and estimates) what if I fix and they don't like the work later on ? also, I had some sore throat and dizziness for the past 2 years with hospital visits. would the landlord be liable since there are no windows in the property ? Thank you

There is no law there must be windows. I have rented many an office without windows. There is nothing that says there must be windows in the building code.

You need a lawyer to look over your very specific facts. As I said, any damage you caused you have to fix. If you are going to try to argue prior damage you have to lawyer up and have all of the evidence reviewed. You have the legal burden to prove the damage was there when you took the rental. Which unless you have timestamped photos will be hard to prove it was there before moving in.

The site says you have read my answer and had no reply and asked no further question(s). Is there something else I can answer that is preventing you from rating my service and answer 3-5 starts (top of the chat box 5 stars are there ★★★★★) so that this site pays me for my time answering? This is a rating for my level of service helping you, not whether the law agrees with you or not or the answer was not what you hoped to hear. See ww2.justanswer.com/sites/default/files/help/Untitled.gif how to rate.

You can also reply "thank you," or "5 stars" " (however many you are leaving from 3-5 as 5 is the max) if the rating does not come up.

Please understand the rating/thank you is not just a silly gimmick but the only way I get paid by the site for my time replying to the inquiry; we are on “commission” of sorts and only get credit for questions with a rating/thank you left otherwise don’t make a penny for our time. And I am a practicing licensed attorney and not an hourly employee of this website. It costs you nothing to give a rating.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you for your fast answers
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Very helpful